Now here in the land of my college: final exams are in full swing, the campus is deserted but libraries are packed, in all the trash cans piles of energy drinks are mounted and the stress is so thick you can cut through it with air. So whether your in a final exam rut or just being blown away by the stress of life, here are some ways I deal with stress.
- Write it out: Perhaps my most favorite and effective thing to do. Keep a journal and don’t keep anything bottled up. Plus, just keep writing continuously for five minutes about any fears, apprehensions that come to mind.
- Walk: Take a walk outside and get a breath of fresh air. Often what students especially tend to do is lock themselves in a room with textbooks and papers and just go at it. Getting fresh air really helps to clear and declutter your mind.
- Stretch: Honestly stress has adverse effects on our body perhaps even worse then we could imagine. For me it just feels like stress settles like a pile of heavy bricks onto my shoulders and neck. If you get tired of reading a textbook or notice or notice you’ve flipped through 3 pages and haven’t had a clue what you read then strech your body. These are some especially good ones that I like.
- Drink tea: Coffee is all we ever want in dark times like these, but seriously how jittery and hyperactive does coffee make us? Skip over the coffee and reach for a tea bag instead.
- Rewad yourself: For every small accomplishment (finishing a chapter, writing page of notes) reward yourself, go get an ice cream, watch Netflix for an hour,etc.
These are the tips I follow through with when the stress comes through, I hope you find them just as helpful as I do!